Porto suffered a heavy loss to Chelsea in the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals first leg. Midfielder Mason Mount and Ben Chilwell saved the first game of the UCL quarter-finals for Chelsea. This Porto vs Chelsea highlights will brief you on the match quickly.
Chelsea made most of their chances and didn’t let Porto score a single goal winning a 2-0 result. The Londoners scored two-goal, Mason Mount scored in the first half, and Ben Chilwell in the other half.
Highlights of the match:
- Mateus Uribe took a shot from the air, but the ball just missed the crossbar.
- Mason Mount became Chelsea’s ever youngest player in the Champions League.
- In the 32nd minute, Mason Mount took the lead and recorded his Champions League first goal.
- Sanusi from Porto was caught offside in a good situation and Cesar Azpilicueta responded with a poor center-back.
- In the 42nd minute, Jesus Manuel Corona’s shot was blocked.
- After the change of sides, Moussa Marega tried to equalize but failed.
- Porto’s forward Luis Diaz missed a spectacular shot in the 56th minute.
- Porto’s players demanded a penalty kick in the 72nd minute but referees Pawel Gil and Tomasz Kwiatkowski were quick to tell that a penalty would be out of the question.
- Nearing the end, in the 85th minute Ben Chilwell netted the winning goal.
Match highlights video.
These were the highlights from Porto vs Chelsea UEFA Champions League quarter-finals first leg match. The return leg is scheduled for April 14 of 2021.
Let us know your views on Champions League matches in the comments section.
FC Porto – Chelsea 0-2 (0-1)
Goals: Mount (32), Chilwell (85)
Yellow cards: Mbemba, Conceicao, Grujić
FC Porto: Marchesín – Manafa (83. Conceicao), Mbemba, Pepe, Sanusi – Corona, Grujić, Uribe, Otavio (84. Martinez) – Marega (84. Vieira), Luis Diaz
Chelsea: Mendy – Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger – R. James (80. T. Silva), Jorginho, Kovacić (90. Emerson), Chilwell – Mount (80. Kante), Havertz (65. Giroud), Werner (65. Pulisić)
- / 13 hours ago
The scale of the uproar of the European Super League has threatened political leaders...
- / 14 hours ago
The European Super League collapsed on Wednesday, with eight of the 12 founding members...